Summer is here and your skin can change as the weather changes. Below are some tips from our skin experts to keep your skin healthy & hydrated.
- 1. Sun protection is very important throughout the whole year especially in summer as the due to higher temperatures. Try the Dermalogica Solar Defense SPF50 to protect your skin throughout the day. Reapply frequently if you are in direct contact with the sun throughout the day, as this will stop burning, hyper pigmentation and sensitivity. Try and keep the skin covered as much as possible when outdoors with hats and sunglasses!
- 2. Stay hydrated: Your skin will become more dehydrated during the summer months, not only because of the strong sun and heat but also because of the powerful air conditioners indoors. Keep hydrated by drinking atleast two litres of water every day. Use a hydrating mask once a week such as the Dermalogica Hydrating Mask or add the Dermalogica Hydrating Booster to your moisturiser.
- 3. Keep your skin refreshed: Using a toner throughout the day will cool and hydrate your skin. Dermalogica Multi Active Toner can be used several times a day even over makeup to keep the heat at bay.
- 4. Exfoliate regularly: As the heat increases your body will perspire more. Exfoliating regularly will remove dead, dulling skin cells to reduce any breakouts and congestion. Dermalogica Skin Prep Scrub thoroughly removes dead skin and excess oil which can cause breakouts. After the scrub we suggest adding a hydrating moisturizer like the Dermalogica Skin Smoothing Cream to lock in moisture and protect the skin.
- 5. Feed Your Skin: Certain foods can help keep the body cool and hydrated. Boost your intake of fruit and vegetables throughout the summer as they are full of antioxidants which will protect your skin. Vitamin C rich foods such as citrus fruits, bell peppers and kale will protect your skin from UV rays.
- 6. Don’t forget your lips! Your lips need special attention too as they can become very dry and crack during the summer. Exfoliate them regularly with a gentle exfoliant like Dermalogica Daily Microfolliant which will remove any dry skin. Apply a moisturizing lip balm throughout the day to keep your lips moist and protected. Try a lip balm with SPF for added protection.